Saturday, March 7, 2015

Week 3!

Its that time of the week again! It's blog time! yay! Lets get started with the retelling of my wonderful THIRD week in OZ.  I can't believe I have been here for three weeks, but I am also so comfortable that it feels like I have been here forever! Anyway here come the daily recaps!

Day 15 (Feb. 28th) I woke up early and was productive in the morning.  Then a couple of us went into the city (Perth) to go to some of the shops.  I didn't get much but it was fun wandering around and such.  Perth is pretty great! Then we got back and I then quickly switched gears to go to the beach with some other people.  We went to South beach again but it was much cooler and much windier this time.  Everyone else went into the water and I tried to lay down on the sand but I literally just got covered in sand.  It was pretty bad but it was comfy when I wasn't thinking about getting covered in sand.  We then moved to the grassy part behind the beach for a while before going to Joe's Fish Shack for dinner.  That was tasty.  Then we walked around and saw the sunset and I came back and had some major binding time with two of my flatmates (Min and Priscilla) over Taylor swift.  It was magical.

Day 16 (March 1st): That day was pretty awesome.  I went onto campus and wandered around a bit trying to find my classes and did some other stuff.  Then I came back and watched some tv and did some other productive things.  Then some of my friends and I had a BBQ by the pool.  This was instead of going to this pretty big but also expensive music festival that was that day.  We had a really great time.  I made some lamb that was delicious! My friend got some kangaroo and I tried it and it was pretty good.  Nothing too different from other meat.  Then after the BBQ I watched some more TV (I know... I'm lame) then I watched a church service online and it was great! It made me miss my Captive Free team though.  But it was a really good service. Anyway then I went to sleep

Day 17 (March 2nd): Aka: THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS! So ya I finally started classes this week.  It seems so long ago since I went to a class (To be exact the last time I went to class was December 5th...) I had almost forgotten that that was what I was doing here.  haha.  But my classes seem pretty cool.  First I had my intro to forensic science class.  That was good and I am excited for it but it does seem pretty easy.  Then I had a little break for lunch before my Australian Environmental History class.  That one was a little slow but it still seems interesting and I have two of my friends in that class! After that I had a little break again and I napped a bit before my intro to criminology class.  That was good.  The professor seems good and she's pretty entertaining too.  Then I had time to go to yoga! I have never really done yoga before but it was really good.  I will try to do that every week.  Then I came back and tried to do some reading but fell asleep...

Day 18 (March 3rd):  I had my Tutorial (or tut) for Criminology at 12:30 and that was my only class for the day.  It was pretty easy since I had heard all of the stuff before.  I napped after that.  I've been a little sick lately so I blame the excessive laziness and sleep on that.  haha.  But I did go to the Tav for quiz night! I'm excited to do that every week! It was a lot of fun and my team isn't half bad! We tied with the other team from our group for second place.  Then I met my 3rd flatmate: Jesse! He hasn't fully moved in yet and he actually doesn't go to Murdoch, he goes to Curtin University, which is a 25 min drive.  But he seemed nice.  Then I just hung out with Min and Pris

Day 19 (March 4th): I didn't have class so I slept in.  I got some things and then went shopping with Hana.  We walked down to the Kardinya shops and went to Kmart and Coles.  After that I got some reading done and then got ready to go to Newport again.  That's something that almost everyone does on Wednesday nights.  I had a fun time doing that and hanging out with people.  I didn't stay out too late since I was getting a cold.

Day 20 (March 5th) That day started with a skype session with my parents.  After some technical difficulties we got it to work and that was good.  After that I did some reading and ate some lunch.  Then I tried to find my classroom for the class I had later that day but couldn't find it so I just went to my forensics lecture.  That was good.  There was a guest lecturer from the WA police.  Then I hurried to find the classroom where I had my religion tut.  I had to ask someone but then I found it and it was all good.  And then I was done with class for the week just like that! haha I had a pretty uneventful night (again... ).

Day 21 (March 6th): Yesterday, I was so incredibly lazy.  I'm sorry... I have retreated into my binge watching shell.  I did venture out in the morning to get free pancakes.  They were chocolate chip and tasty.  Then I binged watched all day.  Except for the short 45 min period where I went onto campus to get my picture taken for an international students brochure.  That was pretty fun actually.  They took me to a lab and I took pictures in front of the Scanning Electron Microscope.  I got to wear a lab  coat and safety glasses and everything! haha it felt good to be in a lab again.  Even though it was just pretend.  I also finally made plans to see my teammate Mark next weekend so that will be fun!

Day 22 (March 7th):  I think the most productive thing I did today was clean my room... I feel terrible for not doing anything but I didn't really have anything to do so I spent the day catching up on tv (some more...) man do I watch a lot of tv... and I have to be careful that I don't use too much of my data I bought with my wifi... But ya I did nothing again today... But I am exploring south Perth tomorrow so that should be fun!

So that was my third week here down under.  I think my biggest struggle is becoming complacent and not making the most of my time here.  I just need to get out and do more things!

Thanks for reading! Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment