Sunday, March 15, 2015

Week 4!!

Wow I have been in Australia for a whole month now! Its crazy!
Here we go!

Day 23 (March 8th)
I went to south perth with Molly and Jara.  I used public transport and got to Perth by myself which was awesome.  We went to the Angelo Street Festival first.  That was cool but it was very hot and quite crowded so we didn't stay long.  Then we took a drive up to Matilda Bay for some lunch.  That was really nice and beautiful.  We also explored a little bit of the University of Western Australia's (UWA) campus.  That was really beautiful and there was this nice outdoor theater.  We finally went over to Cottlesloe beach to see sculptures by the sea.  There were a lot of people there so we didn't venture too much into the beach but the sculptures were pretty cool.  Then after I got back to campus I went to a church that meets on campus called Three Crosses.  That was cool and I'm glad I went.  The people were nice and I had a good time.  After that I just came home and read for class and watched some TV.

Day 24 (March 9th)

Mondays are always my long days since I have so much class... But I made it through.  I inquired about a job at the Aroma cafe on campus but I wasn't available at the right times to work there but thats alright I'll keep trying to find a job.  I also had a predeparture meeting for one of my trips: the Southwest trip! The first two were this past weekend and this upcoming weekend but the one I'm going on is not until May so I have a while until I go on that one but I got pretty excited for it! After that I just came home and made some dinner and read and slept.

Day 25 (March 10th)

I got back into my groove of being in class and participated in class which felt good and productive.  I also watched more criminal minds and went to the Tav quiz night.  Our team was pretty thin so we didn't do as well but it was still fun.  Then that night there was a Karaoke night through the student village which was fun! I was pretty tired so I left a little early.

Day 26 (March 11th)

I started going to a bible study through the Murdoch Christians United (MCU) club.  That was good I knew some of the people but its been good getting to meet more Australians :).  Then Amanda (one of the people I met through the church) gave me a little touristy gift which was sweet.  Then the rest of the day I alternating reading with TV. I also did some stuff in my room but thats about it

Day 27 (March 12th)

I got up and skyped with my parents and then I went to MCU common time which is just a little weekly meeting/get together.  Then I had class which was good.  Its been cool seeing the guest lecturers from WA police in Forensics class.  After class I did some relaxing and dinner before I went to a bible study with the people from the church.  That was also good.  I got home and watched some more tv (by this time I had started How to get away with murder).

Day 28 (March 13th )

Friday was a really lazy day for me.  I feel so lame and lazy but basically the only time I even left my flat was to go to the pool lounge for free pancakes... Ya I know.  Super lame.  I finished How to get away with murder and did a little work and just stayed in.  I was watching the weather because there was this cyclone that hit northern WA and was making its way south.  Spoiler alert: it didn't really affect us at all.

Day 29 (March 14th)

So they must not celebrate pi day here since the date would be 14/03 instead of 3/14.  It was a very sad realization for me.  Anyway I got to see my teammate Mark for the first time since team!!!! That was super exciting! Since the weather was supposed to be bad, he and Sam changed the plans a little bit but it was sill a lot of fun.  We went into Freo to see the markets and for lunch and walked up to the round jail at the top of a hill.  We were going to go to the Fremantle jail but we decided against it.  They took me on a drive around and we went to Hilarys to see where their wedding reception was and to walk around a bit.  Then we made our way to the only Krispy Kreme in all of WA.  It just opened recently and we went through the drive thru so the line was pretty long but it was worth it! Then after I came home and had some food we got ready for our friend Drew's 21st birthday party! That was a fun night with friends.  There's a lot going on in the states that I am missing at the moment but I am trying to remember that I am here and I need to be focused on being here rather than all of the things happening at home.

Day 30 (March 15th)

Yesterday was a pretty productive day! I got up and got ready and put my laundry in and did some reading and then I switched my laundry and made my way to the store.  This was the first time I went by myself and it was pretty exhilarating.  haha. I felt really independent and it was great.  I got most of the things on my list so that was good and I took the bus home.  I ate and watched some of my next show: Chuck.  Then I read and napped and read and had a little freak out because some of my first assignments are due soon and so I have a lot of reading and such to do for them.  I went to church again and I came back and read a little more and went to sleep early so I could get up and be even more productive!

So here I am getting ready to go to the library to print things out before class.

Til next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment